Summer Orientation will begin Monday, August 15th and end on Friday, August 19th! Dr. Sara Beam has already extended a friendly welcome to our new graduate students, EGSA would like to do the same! Welcome! We look forward to meeting you all during orientation!
There are a couple of events that EGSA would like to encourage both incoming and returning graduate students to attend:
- Monday, August 15th, 5:00 pm: Happy Hour at McNellie’s, meet upstairs
- Tuesday, August 16th, 4:00-5:00 om: 1st EGSA General Meeting (place TBA)
- Tuesday, August 16th, 5:00 pm: EGSA Dinner at Qdoba (dinner not provided)
- Friday, August 16th, 11:00-11:50 am: Graduate Student Roundtable (only graduate students)
- Friday, August 16th, 12:00-1:00 pm: Lunch with the faculty (free food)
As we’re gearing up for a new semester, your EGSA social coordinators are putting together events for the coming year. Leave comments about collaquia, career development forums, or social activities you’d like to see! Or contact Jami or Sam with your ideas & suggestions.
As we move on to a new semester, we would also like to thank last year’s officers and conference directors & committee for all of their hard work. Thank you Melissa, Kate, Mark, Kristen G., David, and Sam. EGSA would also like to thank Dr. Laura Stevens for her guidance and graduate student advocacy.