There will be a pot luck picnic in Chandler Park this Friday (September 2nd) starting at 6:00pm. Chandler Park has a disc golf course, green space for frisbee, etc, rock climbing, and a playground. Please bring a dish of some sort to share and whatever beverage you will want. There are grills, water fountains, restrooms, and electrical outlets near the shelter we have reserved. Below and directions from TU to Chandler Park. And here is a map of the park. We will be in shelter #1.
EGSA looks forward to seeing you all tomorrow!
Directions to Chandler Park
– Go west on 11th Street (towards downtown)
– Continue onto Historic US 66 W. (this is sort of a jog in the road, there is no distinct turn)
– Turn left onto Southwest Boulevard (very soon after you make this turn you will cross over the river)
– Turn right onto E. 1st Street/S. Waco Ave (you’ll follow S. Waco Ave)
– Turn left onto W. 21st Street
– Follow the signs into the park.
This is about a 15 minutes drive.
If you’re an experienced rock climber, you might want to check out this upcoming event in Chadler Park–Be Fest! When?
October 21-23, 2011 Where?
Chandler Park, by the rock wall
Be Fest is an outdoor rock climbing festival that includes food, music, overnight camping, and a whole lot of “bouldering”.