Links & Forms

Below is an alphabetical list of links for current graduate students to useful information and forms regarding graduation protocol, travel funding and reimbursement for conferences, and other information pertinent to graduate needs and life.

Academic Calendar

Assistantships at TU

Bellwether & Ben Henneke Fellowships

Chapman Travel Grant

English Department


Graduate School

Thesis and Dissertation

Dissertations in English at TU



James Joyce Quarterly

Modernist Journals Project


Tulsa Studies in Women’s Literature

Departmental Forms


Graduate Assistantship Application (Your first application is due to the Graduate School; Renewal forms are due to Teri)

Change of Address (due to Teri)

For M.A. Students:

Masters Student Handbook

Application for Directed M.A. Research & Writing (Approval needed from instructor & Graduate Director; due to Teri)

For Ph.D. Students:

Doctoral Student Handbook

Application for Doctoral Directed Readings (Approval needed from instructor & Graduate Director; due to Teri)

Ph.D. Examination Candidacy Form (Approval needed from exam committee members & Graduate Director; due to Teri)

Ph.D. Progress Form (due to both Teri & Graduate School)

TU Copy Dissertation/Thesis Order Form (due to TU Copy)

Student Health Insurance Forms & Waivers

The University of Tulsa requires that all international graduate students on student visas, as well as graduate students who are U.S. citizens, and enrolled in 6 or more credit hours of coursework, or enrolled in 2 or more credit hours of dissertation or thesis, must have health insurance which pays benefits in Oklahoma. If you are on an assistantship or fellowship your health insurance is paid for by the university and therefore you should not be charged for said insurance. If you are please contact the Graduate School.

If you are using the University of Tulsa’s health insurance and have any questions feel free to contact Kelley Hinkle, our insurance agent, by calling 918-747-4100 or by email at

University of Tulsa Student Health Insurance Plan Website (specifically for our university)

University of Tulsa Waiver Application (online form; Please remember that a waiver form must be submitted each academic year.  Even if you submitted insurance information in past semesters, you need to submit your waiver form again for this year, or the insurance charge will remain on your student account.)

Aetna Health Insurance’s Website (for more general information, FAQs, & policies)